Stories of Bringing E-Discovery In-House
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Time: 1pm ET | 10am PT
Produced and sponsored by:
With your legal team under constant pressure to do more with less, it helps to hear real-world experiences and practical lessons from organizations who have already taken the leap and brought eDiscovery in-house. More than 80 percent of in-house legal teams are making the move - so now is your chance to learn from others.
Join this complimentary webcast that will include stories from three leading in-house legal professionals. They will discuss why and how they decided to move much of their electronic discovery functions inside the company, including preservation, collection, and processing. You will also learn:
- How to prepare for bringing eDiscovery in-house
- How to define success and set expectations
- The pitfalls you need to avoid when moving forward
PLUS – you will receive a series of white papers called “In-House Elevated” to help you achieve victories and learn from the mistakes of other in-house counsel.
- Jack Thompson
- Sr. Manager – eDiscovery & Legal Operations
- Sanofi US
- Jack Thompson is a corporate eDiscovery and Legal Operations professional, specializing in the advancement of efficiency of legal technical operations and information governance. From 2001 through 2014, Jack was legal operations manager at Purdue Pharma LP in Stamford, CT providing services and solutions to Purdue’s legal technology operations as well as leading the company’s legal analytics programs. In 2014, Jack relocated to Atlanta, GA to work as the legal technology manager for the UPS Corporate Legal Department, followed by working as an IT Business Services Manager for The Coca Cola Company’s global legal department providing technical expertise and process workflow implementations. Jack is currently working as the eDiscovery Manager and Legal Operations Lead for Sanofi US, located in Bridgewater, NJ.
- Becki Bottemiller
- Portland General Electric
- Becki Bottemiller is the litigation paralegal at Portland General Electric, a publicly owned utility company focused on bringing customers safe, reliable and responsible power. Becki has been in the legal industry for over 13 years with 8 of those years at PGE. She has been instrumental in helping to transition the litigation area to electronic discovery as well as handling all legal holds for the Company. Becki’s educational background includes a Paralegal Certificate and Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. In her spare time, Becki enjoys spending time with her husband and son outdoors.
- Wendy Riggs
- Senior Manager, eDiscovery and Litigation Operations
- Twitter, Inc.
- Wendy Riggs is the Senior Manager, eDiscovery and Litigation Operations for Twitter, Inc. in San Francisco. She oversees Twitter's eDiscovery efforts, including data mapping, retention, preservation, review and production. In addition, she manages vendor relationships, supervises and guides the legal billing process and provides budget oversight and analysis. Prior to joining Twitter in 2013, Wendy successfully developed and implemented eDiscovery processes at Zynga and, while in the law firm environment, worked with clients to identify, preserve and collect relevant data.
- Jennifer Bantelman
- Sr. Director of Product Management
- Zapproved, Inc.
- Jennifer has worked in software and technology for the past decade, and is currently the Sr. Director of Product Management at Zapproved, where she ensures products are designed to assist companies as they enhance their e-discovery processes through technology and workflow improvement. Jennifer is a content curator for the PREX Conference, and holds a Master's in Strategic Communications.