Project 5/165 is endeavoring to reach the day when one-third—or 165—of Fortune 500 general counsel are women. We want that day to come in the next five years, thus, 5/165. The programs encompasses various elements we hope will create awareness around this important topic, such as regular messages from the voice of Project 5/165, Stasia Kelly, and networking events around the country. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated on the latest news on women in corporate law with our monthly newsletter, and do our best to promote the advancement of women through in-person workshops.
Read Stasia Kelly's Project 5/165 monthly updates and more about how women are building momentum in the Fortune 500.
Over the coming months InsideCounsel and Project 5/165 will be hosting regional leadership workshops to help groom women in corporate legal departments to become the next generation of general counsel. The events are by invitation only and will consist of:
- A lunch and panel discussion about how women can achieve the title of GC
- A discussion with Korn Ferry consultants about the personal traits that make up an ideal GC candidate
- Breakout sessions in which attendees discuss various scenarios that a Fortune 500 GC may face
- A networking cocktail reception
- San Francisco: June 4
- Chicago: July 31
- New York: September 27
- Atlanta: October 24
- Washington D.C.: Date TBA
As of 5/8/12:
- # of women GCs in Fortune 500: 105
- % of women GCs in Fortune 500: 21%
- New women GCs in Fortune 500 in 2012: 6
- Net Gain/Loss 2012: +5
You have been subscribed!