InsideCounsel offers a wide range of free whitepapers, case studies and industry analysis provided by industry leaders. Please review our current Resource Center content that can help you today!
For information on posting content or content syndication in the Resource Center, please contact Tracey Zwolak.
Learn from three headline cases about the crippling effects of cultivating corruption - and how to avoid making the same mistakes.Read More
Nobody’s perfect at e-discovery. But in three recent cases involving international brands, failure to meet U.S. compliance regulations yielded high penalties. Missteps like these not only cost billions in fines, they can also erode customer trust and public opinion.
Explore this whitepaper for deep insights on each case — and how to avoid becoming the next headline. You’ll find out what went wrong and glean tips to prevent the same cultural misfires in your organization. Get your copy to learn about matters with:
* Volkswagen AG
While these cases paint a portrait of what not to do, they also illustrate why building a culture of compliance is so vital.
Discover more about how you can guard your organization against compliance meltdown. Dig in today for lessons on creating an e-discovery culture that is compliance-approved.
This report has findings on the demographics, processes, common pain points, and risks associated with legal holds, data preservation, and data collection.Read More
The Benchmark Survey is the industry's most extensive survey series focused on legal data preservation and collections practices. Building on the 2013, 2014 and 2015 studies, over 600 professionals dealing directly with litigation hold management participated.
Some key findings include:
- A strong response showing vast majority of automated users feel "confident," or "very confident," compared with 59% of manual users -- a huge 26% difference.
- Respondents using automated systems trust custodian compliance at 76% versus just 56%, more than double the spread from 2015 which was 9.8%.
- In looking at a "culture of compliance," 69% of survey respondents said they conduct some form of training for employees. This is down from 2015's 75% but on the average for the three years this question has been part of the survey.
- When looking at intention to upgrade, manual users at 60% more likely to express a desire to do so compared to automated users. The gap closed slightly from 2015 which saw this at 67%.
A 6-step Health Check for your Organization's Data Privacy Program.Read More
This white paper provides companies with an easy-to-follow Data Privacy Health Check Assessment that will allow them to meet the upcoming regulatory changes. The Data Privacy Health Check Assessment consists of six objectives that, if followed, will ensure your organization is set up for success when the new regulations go into effect.
A blueprint for becoming the best-run business unit in the organization.Read More
Without a doubt, the scope for in-house legal departments' responsibilities has expanded greatly in recent years. General counsels are asked to advise on subjects that spread beyond pure legal analysis, providing an opportunity for in-house lawyers to use business judgment as well as legal knowledge.
Implementing the 10 steps highlighted in this white paper will create tangible results through improved efficiency, enhanced productivity, and increased business value for the entire organization.
A compilation of a wide range of topics discussed at the third annual Conference on Preservation Excellence, by the nation’s leading e-discovery and legal experts.Read More
In September 2015, a number of the nation's leading e-discovery thought leaders gathered in Portland, Ore., for the third annual Conference on Preservation Excellence (PREX15).
Over the course of two intensive days and numerous panel sessions, PREX15 delved into the most critical challenges facing legal professionals regarding legal holds and data preservation.
Download this resource to learn:
- The State of Preservation Today
- Preservation and Enterprise Information Strategies
- How to Build a Preservation-Ready Organization
- About the Shift to Cloud Computing and What it Means for Security and Compliance
- Finding our Data in the Year 2020