Energy Trading - Senior Counsel
My firm has been engaged by a leading world-renowned company located in Houston to identify an experienced Senior Counsel with a strong transactional background and experience managing risk and exposure for their oil and natural gas liquids trading business. This Senior Counsel will be responsible for a variety of legal work including drafting and negotiating commercial agreements related to the supply and trading of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids and with a strong emphasis on regulatory compliance.
Highlights of Opportunity:
- Negotiate and draft contracts related trading transactions, including master agreements (LEAP, ISDA, etc).
- Provide advice on compliance and risk exposure regarding U.S. laws and regulations, including antitrust, market manipulation laws, conflicts of interest, international trade, import/export rules, FCPA, corporate governance, anti-boycott and sanctioned parties.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on policy issues regarding legislation, regulations and rules promulgated by federal, state and local governments, including Dodd-Frank.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to Policy, Government, and Public Affairs.
- A minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience.
- Prior employment by a regulatory agency or exchange would be a strong plus.
- A thorough understanding of legal and compliance issues related to supply and trading of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids.
- Ability to negotiate and draft trading contracts, including master trading contracts; providing real-time, focused advice to our client’s trading units.
- An understanding of legal issues associated with trading on exchanges (ICE and NYMEX).
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...