VP, Regulatory and Corporate
BarkerGilmore has been engaged to identify an SVP, Regulatory and Corporate Affairs for a leading global consumer and commercial bank. This high profile position reports directly to the general counsel and will be located in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Our client has experienced unprecedented growth in the consumer and commercial financial sector and is extremely well positioned to sustain continued growth for the years to come. Ideally, we seek an accomplished lawyer with a proven law department track record of bank regulatory and management.
Following are a few key points which make this opportunity attractive:
- Work for an AAA rated financial institution which is experiencing significant growth and was left unscathed by the financial downturn.
- You will be a key leader in the law department reporting directly to the General Counsel and responsible for shaping the regulatory function and managing all regulatory matters.
- Work in a collegial environment with a large team of talented lawyers with outstanding credentials.
- Our client is offering an outstanding compensation and benefits package which includes a significant equity position.
- The Philadelphia area has a lot to offer as far as housing options, education, recreation and cultural activities.
- Provide best-in-class legal recommendations that are integrated with client strategies and objectives and coordinated across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Provide strategic and proactive leadership on legal and regulatory issues affecting the business.
- Ensure legal risk is managed in accordance with the bank’s risk appetite and regulatory framework.
- Build for the future and provide people leadership; oversee people plans and strategies to attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse, qualified and engaged team to fulfill current and future business needs.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholder groups.
- Contribute to priority bank-wide and Legal Department initiatives, including knowledge management and productivity initiatives.
- A minimum of 10 years experience, including significant in-house retail and commercial bank experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of laws and regulations relating to bank holding companies and retail and commercial banks, and experience engaging with federal banking regulators.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a complex function, influence and leverage others in a large, global organization in order to achieve objectives and execute projects.
- Demonstrated ability to capably manage and inspire a team across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated abilities and strengths in impacting and influencing stakeholders at all levels and across geographies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, suited to a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Experience with the effective management of reputational risk.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...