In-House Counsel - Gulf Coast MS (D5019)
BarkerGilmore has been engaged by a Fortune 500 company with operations on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi to identify a sophisticated attorney with a commercial litigation background to act as lead counsel on large government contracts and operational business issues. We are seeking an individual who will oversee all legal matters impacting multi-billion dollar design/build programs which include contract negotiation and dispute resolution. The ideal candidate will be a team player, able to quickly gain a high degree of respect from peers and clients. This is a diverse and exciting opportunity for someone looking to take on the responsibility of principal advisor for a team engaged in very large programs. Based on previous experience, a litigation background is a key success factor to an individual in this position.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced litigator looking to leverage their commercial litigation background for a long term, in-house opportunity with a very stable large corporation. Additionally, this offers a rare in-house opportunity in this region to work on a wide variety of work for a sophisticated employer and live in a warm, welcoming community on the Gulf Coast.
Some of the key points which make this opportunity attractive include:
- Work for a company with an incredibly stable business.
- Work amongst a group of peers who have a high degree of respect for each other and thrive in a collegial and casual environment.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor and lead counsel to the program team to which you are assigned.
- Enjoy a high quality of life and standard of living. While this position might require you to relocate, the location has been ranked one of the top small metropolitan areas on the Forbes Index of “The Best Cities for Job Growth” in 2011. Excellent schools, recreation areas, and universities all form a base for a great place for family life.
We are looking for a seasoned litigator who understands contract rights/obligations and legal/regulatory compliance and has strong dispute resolution skills. Experience in other diverse areas of business such as real estate, product liability, and investigations are a plus. If you have the expertise we are looking for, please contact me for additional information. As always, all correspondences are strictly confidential.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...
This whitepaper underscores the prevalence of counterfeits within global supply chains across a number of...