General Counsel, Pharmaceutical
BarkerGilmore has been engaged by a successful, publicly traded pharmaceutical company located in Raleigh, NC to identify the General Counsel. The General Counsel reports directly to the CEO and will have extensive contact with and become a trusted advisor to the Board of Directors and the executive management team. This top company executive will manage all legal & compliance issues and facilitate the continued growth of the company. Experience in a General Counsel role with a publicly traded, pharmaceutical company and a core competence in Corporate/M&A are imperative to be successful in this position.
The General Counsel for this midsize, pharmaceutical leader will manage a team of five lawyers. The GC will be responsible for determining strategy and managing risk. There is tremendous upside potential associated with this position.
- Ideally will have 15 or more years of legal experience and a minimum of five years of experience as a General Counsel for a pharmaceutical company.
- Experience working for a midsize or smaller pharmaceutical company is a plus.
- Must have worked for a publicly traded company and have strong corporate skills including SEC regulatory and M&A.
- Additional experience relating to pharmaceutical research and development, sales and marketing, manufacturing, licensing, patent and trademark, employment and finance and administration is a plus.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication, composition, organization, interpersonal relations, teamwork and effective management of staff and processes are essential.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...