Upstream Oil & Gas Counsel (J5366)
The position will serve DWEP’s full range of deepwater offshore Gulf of Mexico exploration and development activities, including lease acquisition and divestiture, exploration and appraisal, seismic, drilling, development, and major production facility and transportation projects. It requires specialized experience (preferably 10+ years) in providing oil and gas advice, complex contracting, and counsel to clients, including in the types of transactions listed on the list of key job responsibilities below.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide legal advice on legal and regulatory issues facing the DWEP Business Unit, including oil and gas, joint operations, facilities and transportation, commercial, and compliance.
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements across a full range of transactions and business activities including services and purchase orders, drilling, geophysical operations, joint operating agreements, and production handling.
- Participate on internal teams.
- Work with clients and colleague attorneys to manage and resolve disputes with third parties and provide compliance advice.
- Offer general corporate and legal advice on compliance requirements and risk mitigation in areas such as antitrust, bankruptcy, corporate governance, employment, health, environment and safety, procurement, public lands and policy matters.
- Juris Doctor and Bachelor degrees.
- Minimum of eight years experience as an attorney in corporate, government or private practice.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...