Oil and Gas Litigation Counsel (J5362)
BarkerGilmore has been engaged by a leading oil and gas company posting strong profits and unprecedented growth to identify two seasoned lawyers with broad litigation skills. These key in-house lawyers will support the upstream business unit and work closely with the client business team. The positions are located in Houston,TX.
Our client is recognized as a premier organization and a leader of promoting from within. There is significant growth and earning potential associated with these unique opportunities. This organization is recognized for their ethical behavior both inside and outside the business. If you have given any thought to leveraging your litigation skills to work for an industry leader with a well funded law department comprised exclusively of top legal talent, then this is the opportunity for you.
Following are a few key points making this opportunity especially interesting:
- Manage a wide variety of complex litigation, arbitrations, and investigations.
- Work for a financially sound organization receiving high marks from federal regulators and well positioned with cash.
- Work directly with the business team on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with a collegial team of other high-quality lawyers while supporting entrepreneurial business executives.
- Have a work/life balance while earning a significant income and supported by a benefit package that is unattainable anywhere else.
- Have time to enjoy your family and friends, travel, or take up a hobby.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Effectively partner with and manage outside counsel while overseeing budgets and controlling costs.
- Juris Doctor required, and Membership in Texas State Bar, or compliance with Texas Bar's requirements for in-house practitioners inTexas.
- 10+ years experience in litigation, with primary responsibility for significant claims and cases.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex disputes and issues.
- First chair trial experience.
- Broad litigation experience including oil and gas royalty litigation, complex commercial litigation, class action claims and environmental/toxic tort litigation.
- Experience with incident investigations.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- May 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- May 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm ET
- June 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
New York City, Gotham Hall
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...
Predictive coding is only one of many ways organizations can make eDiscovery faster, cheaper and...
Adoption of Cloud computing continues to gain momentum. How can IT and Legal Teams avoid...
With the deployment of Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, organizations have realized significant cost savings in automating...
This whitepaper underscores the prevalence of counterfeits within global supply chains across a number of...