VP Corporate Counsel (Construction, Development, and Retail Leasing)
BarkerGilmore has been retained by a successful, commercial real estate company to identify a VP Corporate Counsel for a key leadership role in the law department. This in-house counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and focus on construction and development projects around the country, retail leasing, and bankruptcy. Our client is a highly regarded developer in the commercial real estate industry, setting the standard with a 98.8% occupancy rate. This stellar opportunity is located in the family-friendly community of Greensboro, NC.
If you are looking to leverage your real estate experience to obtain a lead in-house position with a well-established company, while enjoying the beautiful setting of North Carolina, then this is the opportunity for you!
Key points for this exciting new opportunity:
- Enjoy the fast-paced work of commercial construction, development, and leasing for a publicly traded company with a market capitalization of over $3 billion.
- Work for a growing real estate investment company that has been in business for over 25 years and is actively acquiring and developing new properties.
- Leverage your current experience to land a position on the executive leadership team where you will play a significant role on construction and development projects and oversee the negotiation of lease agreements.
- Personally manage a team of four paralegals.
- Enjoy a warm climate, high quality lifestyle and low cost of living in Greensboro, NC. Beautifully situated between the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains, close to Charlotte and Raleigh, and within driving distance to the Outer Banks.
- Work for a company that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Have time to coach little league, take family vacations, or enjoy a round of golf.
The ideal experience necessary for this stellar opportunity includes:
- JD from a prominent law school.
- A minimum six years of experience in construction, real estate development, leasing and/or bankruptcy.
- Experience in managing effective teams and developing others.
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience is preferred, but not required.
To be immediately considered for this opportunity, please reply with your resume and salary requirements. Candidates possessing the necessary credentials will be contacted shortly. Due to our strict confidentiality policy, your information will never be sent to anyone without your expressed written authorization.
This search assignment is exclusive to BarkerGilmore and any resume submitted directly to our client will be rerouted to BarkerGilmore for consideration.
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
Read this white paper to learn best practices on determining email retention periods with real...
This report presents an overview of eDiscovery implementation challenges organizations may face as well as...
Recommind's Predictive Coding is the market's only solution that allows clients the option of reviewing...
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...