Position Summary: Provides legal support to Daymar campuses and the Campus Resource Center at the direction of the Vice President for Legal, Compliance, and Government Affairs. Primarily the review and preparation of the day to day contracts of the organization, the review and revision of proposed company policies, conducting thorough and accurate legal research and analysis, and resolving routine legal issues.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Legal Services. Providess advice and counsel to Daymar associates and members of Daymar’s Executive Management Team.
- Compliance. Provides compliance leadership to Daymar by supporting the compliance requirements at Daymar to ensure all associates understand, and value the importance and significance of being compliant with For-profit specific education law such as FERPA, student matters, licensing, accreditation, and Title IV requirements.
Job Requirements: The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education and Licensing:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association required
- Member of the bar in at least 1 American state, preferably Kentucky, Ohio, or Tennessee; Must be capable of admission to the bar in Kentucky, Ohio, or Tennessee within 90 days of accepting position
- Three (3) plus years of experience working in higher education and/or associate work related to Title IV and other state and federal regulatory matters; experience in career college industry preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience working on complex litigation matters and/or employment law matters
- Solid experience working with a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions required including, but not limited to, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Member of the bar in at least one U.S. state, preferably Kentucky, Ohio, or Tennessee
Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Possess excellent leadership skills
- Possess excellent legal skills and competencies, including legal research, writing, analysis, and advocacy.
- Provide outstanding customer service to Daymar’s Associates and students.
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect full accountability for the success of the legal services and compliance organization.
- Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel.
- Provide training and coaching to staff at different levels in different organizations and work groups.
- Possess and use excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess an Intelligent Heart.
- Lead by influencing.
- Act as a Change leader.
- Possess analytical, strategic and tactical skills
- Act as an Alliance builder.
- Enhance revenue and profit growth.
- Project a professional image at all times, with particular attention to dress and personal appearance.
- Embrace and demonstrates on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun.
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
Please apply via our career site: https://www6.ultirecruit.com/DAY1003/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
Read this white paper to learn best practices on determining email retention periods with real...
This report presents an overview of eDiscovery implementation challenges organizations may face as well as...
Recommind's Predictive Coding is the market's only solution that allows clients the option of reviewing...
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...