Serve as legal counsel to Professional Bull Riders, Inc. Responsible for handling a variety of complex legal projects in areas including, but not limited to, sports and entertainment, corporate, transactional, intellectual property, and contractual law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare, review, negotiate and draft agreements for events, sponsorships, television broadcasts, venues, promotions, and media activities
• Provide advice, counseling, research, and other various legal services to the organization on corporate, contractual, and administrative/civil matters
• Prepare, review, and negotiate contracts involving licensing of organization’s intellectual properties
• Assist in and support corporate litigation, where necessary;
• Provide legal services and counsel internally to department managers and staff on a wide range of legal issues
• Review advertising and marketing material , if requested
• Perform other duties as assigned by General Counsel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of sports and entertainment, contract, corporate, and intellectual property law
• Ability to draft well-structured, complete and concise agreements, correspondence, memorandums, and other legal documents
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and at times, to work autonomously, in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
• J.D. from accredited law school
• Some experience in intellectual property law
• Must be admitted and in good standing in Colorado bar or some other state bar
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 3 to 5 years legal/professional experience in sports and entertainment, contract, transactional, and corporate law
• Normal office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Some weekends, extended hours, and limited travel may be necessary
InsideScoop Daily eNewsletter
You have been subscribed! You will receive a confirmation email soon.
- June 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- June 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
Read this white paper to learn best practices on determining email retention periods with real...
This report presents an overview of eDiscovery implementation challenges organizations may face as well as...
Recommind's Predictive Coding is the market's only solution that allows clients the option of reviewing...
In this on-demand webinar, learn how to counter the challenges of litigation with predictive analytics...
We have developed best practices for lowering your e-Discovery costs, shortening the length of your...
Understanding the legal fee budgeting paradigm and following seven simple strategies will help you control...
Packed with practical advice, this white paper discusses best practices for meeting eDiscovery challenges across...
This white paper addresses the need for companies to reevaluate their current collection policies in...
Strategically shifting more matters to in-house counsel has proven to be an effective strategy to...
Find out five ways that organizations can promote responsible sharing of content among employees by...