More On

Suit claims toddler ate used condom at McDonald’s

Mother is accusing fast-food chain of not monitoring or cleaning PlayPlaces

Parents: Brace yourselves for some nasty news that might make you think twice about letting your toddler frolic around fast-food restaurant play areas.

Last week, a mother filed a complaint against McDonald’s Corp. claiming her two-year-old son found and ate a used condom in the PlayPlace area at a Chicago McDonald’s restaurant. According to Anishi Spencer’s suit, she took her sons Jonathan and Jacquel Hines to a South Side McDonald’s in February 2012 where Jacquel picked up a used condom off the floor, ingested it and later coughed up a piece of it.

Spencer is accusing McDonald’s of negligence for failing to monitor and clean up its play areas. She seeks at least $50,000 in damages. Her lawyer told Reuters that he tried to settle with McDonald’s but was unable to do so after dealing with “layers and layers” of bureaucracy at the company.

For more recent fast-food-related litigation news from InsideCounsel, read:

Sheriff’s deputy can sue over uneaten phlegm burger

Subway Footlongs are only 11 inches, lawsuits claim

McDonald’s pays $700,000 to settle suit over non-halal food

Burger King franchisee settles 14-year sexual harassment case with EEOC

Ashley Post

Bio and more articles

Join the Conversation

Advertisement. Closing in 15 seconds.