InsideCounsel is committed to promoting diversity in the corporate legal profession, and one of the ways we do that is through our Transformative Leadership Awards (TLA) program, which honors those who advance women in the industry and takes place on both the East and West Coasts. On Tuesday, the TLA Awards Committee announced the 2013 recipients of the TLA East Awards, who represent some of the biggest companies and leading law firms on the East Coast.
We will honor the following winners at a dinner on April 16, 2013, in New York City:
- Sharing The Power Award (a joint award for a law department and a law firm that have collaborated to increase the economic empowerment of female partners in that firm): Denise F. Keane, executive vice president and general counsel, Altria Group, Inc. and Elizabeth P. Papez, partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Anastasia D. Kelly Award (recognizes a general counsel who has sustained a commitment to advancing women throughout her career): Sara E. Moss, executive vice president and general counsel, The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Rainmaker Award (awarded to a female partner who manages $2.5 million or more of business): Nina M. Gussack, partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Roderick Palmore Pathmaker Award (given to a leader who has carved a path to accelerate diversity in law firms): Candace K. Beinecke, partner, Hughes, Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Pamela L. Carter Award (honors a woman who uses her achievements as inspiration on her path to success): Debra E. Kuper, vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, AGCO
- Firm-wide Policies Award (recognizes a law firm that has made significant strides in advancing women): Latham & Watkins LLP
For more coverage of the Transformative Leadership Awards program on InsideCounsel, see below: