InsideCounsel’s Transformative Leadership Awards program honors those who are committed to advancing women in the corporate legal profession. This year, for the first time, we are expanding this program to create a second set of awards specifically for the West Coast, and we are pleased to announce the inaugural winners. We will honor the following individuals and organizations at the TLA West dinner on Sept. 6 in San Francisco:
- Laura Stein Award (honoring a general counsel committed to accelerating the ascendancy of women to senior leadership roles): Karen Cottle, Adobe Systems Inc. and Mary Doyle, Oracle
- James M. Strother Award (presented to a law firm or law department leader who has carved a path for the economic empowerment of attorneys of color or women): Hyun Park, PG&E Corp.
- Rainmaker Award (awarded to a female partner who manages $2.5 million or more of business): Pat Gillette, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Firm Wide Policies Award (recognizes a law firm that has made significant strides in advancing women): Winston & Strawn LLP
- Sharing the Power Award (a joint award for a law department and a law firm that have collaborated to increase the economic empowerment of female partners in that firm): Conagra Foods Inc. and Jackson Lewis LLP
- Debra L. Zumwalt Pioneer Award (presented to a woman that has transformed being the “first” into being a catalyst for change): Teveia R. Barnes, Commissioner of Financial Institutions, State of California
- Louise H. Renne Pioneer in the Public Sector Award (recognizes an agency head or leader in the public sector who uses her achievements as inspiration): Charles Robinson, University of California