On May 24, InsideCounsel honored seven women general counsel and law firm partners who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the empowerment of women in corporate law. At the Transformative Leadership Awards dinner, each of the honorees was invited to say a few words about the award and what inspired her to push the boundaries for women in law.
"The importance of being global citizens and developing international leadership skills has never been greater."
- Nadia Dombrowski, Senior Vice President, Group Head & Lead Region Counsel, U.S. Markets, MasterCard International, Inc
"Focusing on things like openness, transparency and collaboration can work to the benefit of women and men."
- Deirdre Stanley, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Thomson Reuters
"I accept this award and treat this as my commitment to do unto others as you have done to me."
- Carol Ann Petren, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, CIGNA
"It's wonderful to be a path maker, but you can't create the path yourself."
- Kim Koopersmith, Managing Partner – United States, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
"To be a rainmaker, you must be good at what you do because doing good work brings more to do."
- Ellen Bastier, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
"As women, we have an obligation to mentor and support women in our business and our communities."
- Kelly-Ann Gibbs Cartwright, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
(Unable to attend the event)
- Teri Plummer McClure, Senior Vice President of Legal, Compliance & Public Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, United Parcel Service