InsideCounsel magazine has announced the winners of the First Annual Transformative Leadership Awards, scheduled for May 24, 2010, in Chicago.
The awards, which will be presented at a dinner and reception in conjunction with InsideCounsel's 10th Annual SuperConference, honor women general counsel and law firm partners who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the empowerment of women in corporate law.
The winners were selected by a National Awards Committee, comprising general counsel from leading corporations and partners at top law firms. The committee is co-chaired by Allstate Insurance Company's Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, Michele Coleman Mayes and InsideCounsel magazine's Editor-in-Chief, Cathleen Flahardy.
The 2010 Award Categories and Winners:
The Anastasia D. Kelly Award The award honors women general counsel who have taken active steps to help other women become general counsel. In light of the accomplishments of three outstanding women and in the interest of inclusion, we have decided to make each one of the three finalists a Kelly Award recipient for the first year:
- Sheila Davidson, EVP & General Counsel, New York Life
- Lauri Shanahan, Former EVP, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Gap Inc.
- Jennifer Vogel, SVP, General Counsel, Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer, Continental Airlines
The Pamela L. Carter Award
The award honors a former general counsel who currently heads a major division in a Fortune 500-sized company (public or private).
- Rose Ann Scanlon, Executive Director, Commercial Operations, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
The Sharing the Power Award
The award honors a general counsel and a woman partner at a law firm who have collaborated to increase the economic empowerment of women in that firm. The award will be presented jointly to:
- Gwen Marcus, EVP & General Counsel, Showtime Networks
- Elizabeth McNamara, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine
The Rainmaker Award
The award honors a woman partner at a law firm with a book of business of $1 million or more.
- Karen Popp, Partner, Sidley Austin
The Economic Empowerment Awards
The awards honor women partners and law firms based on the percentage of women on key management committees.
There are three categories:
- Woman-Owned Law Firm: Schoeman, Updike & Kaufman
- Woman Partner at a Law firm: Mary Ellen Powers, Partner-in-Charge, Washington Office, Jones Day
- Law Firm: Faegre & Benson