To read about the 2008 IC-10 winners and their ingenious solutions, click here.
The legal departments of the following organizations made deciding on our 2008 IC-10 winners a challenge. These five entrants were chosen as runners up for demonstrating innovation and creativity in their solutions for common department dilemmas.
- Deutsche Bank, for streamlining legal advice requests through its automated Click4Legal system, allowing its lawyers to better assess and respond to the legal underpinnings of complex business deals.
- eBay Inc., for its creation of a Legal Department Operations team to hone in on and do away with internal and external inefficiencies.
- LyondellBasell, for a case management strategy that has reduced litigation costs 80 percent, even in the face of thousands of lead paint-related public nuisance cases.
- Sabre Holdings Corp., for utilizing a real-time budget management tool that makes for timely billing of outside counsel and easy identification of spending patterns.
- Sedo.com, for managing the legalities of the domain name industry--the "Wild West" of the Internet--including its creation of a Rights Protection Program to open up communication for buyers, sellers and trademark owners.