More On

N.Y. Couple Files Salmonella Suit

If two-year-old Nicholas Avalone doesn't request a Peter Pan-themed birthday party next year, his parents won't be too surprised. Nicholas, along with about 300 other people across the country, contracted Salmonella poisoning after eating tainted Peter Pan peanut butter in February.

Nicholas' parents filed suit in the Western District of New York against ConAgra Foods Inc., the maker of Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter, alleging ConAgra failed to follow proper safety regulations. Both Nicholas and his father suffered gastrointestinal illnesses after consuming the tainted product.

staff Writer

Bio and more articles

Join the Conversation

Advertisement. Closing in 15 seconds.